Giulia clutch question

Does anyone know the thickness of a standard Sachs Giulia clutch disk right
out of the box? I'm helping a friend with a new Giulia project, and we have
a clutch problem. The disk he has (which came in the car but hadn't been
used much at all) is about 9mm thick. One major supplier tells us their
disks are 10mm. I think both are just too thick.

Years ago I had a local shop reline the clutch disk in my Duetto. They did a
nice job, installing a new facing that looked just great. But, when I
installed it in my car, the pressure plate center ring sat much too close to
the flywheel - the extra disk thickness threw the geometry of the clutch
off, and I couldn't adjust the linkage enough to make it work properly.
Finally, in desperation, I adjusted the pivot nuts (lever-type pressure
plate) and regained enough throw to make it work okay.

As I recall, the next new disk I bought was much thinner, maybe on the order
of 8mm or so, and I was able to set my pressure plate pivots back to their
original height. (The Duetto spec book, by the way, calls for a minimum
thickness of 6mm for a worn clutch disk.)

I think we're going to either adjust my friend's pressure plate pivots or
shim the pressure plate to make it work, but I'm curious to know what the
correct disk thickness should be.

Bob McKeown
Nashville