Other Oddities

Charlie wrote:

"Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:18:51 EST
From: Pottree@domain.elided
Subject: who remembers that far back?

[snip]

Personally, I think it came out well, all things considered, but it always
impressed me as a cheap way to get the model more competitive, and led to
certain oddities: for one, the tea tray, and for another, the original
clutch
which I still maintain was a holdover from the days of the Alfetta and was
never perfectly mated to the more powerful 6; the Milano-style clutch pretty

much completed the transition some years later."

[snip]

For any passenger new to riding in our GTV6 (the infamous Suedemobile), I
simply explain it as the Italian sense of humor that there are dash-mounted
electric window switches, combined with manual roll-down windows in the
rear. And, in approximately three years of ownership, I've only had two
tortured souls try to use the back seat, both due to necessity on their
part!

This "personality" is certainly welcome by me, especially when I'm reminded
that it tracks like a roller skate on rails. Note: This car recently had its
emissions inspection at the state-certified station; this is done with the
car running at two speeds on rollers similar to a chassis dynamometer. I was
amazed to note during this process that the weight of the driving axle was
calculated- our 2900-lb. car had 1415 lbs. at the rear!

Cheers!

Jim Barrett
Huntington Beach, CA USA