Re: Wrenches-rear transaxle rotors

Ferdinando Di Matteo wrote:

I know many use the Allen socket wrench drive Allen but after breaking s
couple I switched to a 6 inch Stilson (pipe wrench for newbies)  It fits
right and grips the head very nicely without slipping.  A nw one will
have sharper teeth for a positive grip. Fred Di Matteo

How do you get the Stilson wrench to grab on the inner set of socket head bolts? The flange/carrier would seem to prevent any access with a wrench.

A word to the wise: Make sure you use Lock-tite or similar product on those bolts. They can/will rattle themselves loose otherwise with unpleasant results. (Plus it will help keep corrosion from siezing those bolts permanently.)

--Mark