RE: Removing Spider waterpump, HELP!

Ah a perennial favorite...
Bound to be a lot of responses on this one.  I am sure the stud removal
crowd will speak up, but when I did (about ten years ago, on my '71)I took
the pulley off.  Wish I could remember the size of the socket I had to use,
have it at home, over an inch, either an inch and a quarter or an eighth.
Impact wrench didn't work for me, I had someone stand on the brakes with the
car in gear.  I had to use a four foot breaker bar and there was just enough
room to wind up the drive-line and break the bolt loose.
Good luck,
Jay Reddy
Enterprise electrical design
512 728 0082