Newbie: Alfa parts paranoia

I am new to the alfa-digest community, but not new to Alfa having restored my '73 Spider about 10 years ago.

It is good to know that there is a community of Alfa fanatics out there with gobs of information and knowledge; I have learned quite a bit from you all just over the past week.

Having slightly tapped the rear bumper of another vehicle with my Alfa a month ago (at about 0.5 mph but people really need to get the heck out of my way!). I began to become a bit paranoid about where the heck I would ever get some of these rare parts like a bumper for a '73 Spider. In fact, I might just buy one and put it in the basement!

Question: what do you guys do when you need to find rare Alfa parts (besides panic). I am starting to lose sleep over this- am I over-reacting? I would hate to have a beautiful Alfa that is missing one part that is impossible to find!

Also, is there any way to bring a good Spica pump that was put in the basement 10 years ago back to life if the shaft doesn't seem to want to turn (I am cringing because I think I know the answer to this already)? What about soaking in Marvels for a weekend? I want to start keeping better account and care of all the spares I am fortunate enough to have!

Any advice/perspective (besides therapy and counseling) on these issues would be appreciated. Also, any Alfa fans out there in the Chicago area?

- Jason Hagen
'73 Spider
Chicago, IL