RE: Commpression (sic) checks

Russ,

You are correct.  With less Atmospheric pressure the air is less dense
and thus the engine would be able to compress less of it.  This is the
reason that "conventionally aspirated" engines lose power at altitude.
It's why turbocharged and supercharged engines work better at altitude,
and why airplanes added turbo and supercharging to their engines long
before cars.  Seems at 40,000 feet there is quite a lot less air to
squeeze than at sea-level.  = )

Regards,
TJ

TJ Noto		AFM #134  	Cowpoke Racing-"Friends in Slow Places"
http://www.cowpokeracing.com
95 Ducati 916 Strada
96 Ducati Monster 900 (Chela's)
61 Ducati Falcone 80
70 Norton Commando Fastback
73 BMW 3.0 CS ("deviated from museum reliquary standard"-Perez)
97 BMW Z3 (Chela's)
77 Mercedes 280C (Mimosa)
67 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
00 Ford F150 Supercab