Alfa Romeo Engineers: Unsung Innovators Behind Today's "Innovations" Final Part Four

(In discussing Japanese automobile manufacturers):

They've won the PR wars, the Italians clearly didn't.  They Americanized
themselves,
our third rate progression of Alfa Romeo External Marketing Directors we
suffered though didn't.
What a series of sorry propagandists we had back then.
Heck, back in the 1970's we had only Wendy Bloxham who managed to elegantly
massage a few well written articles for Alfa Romeo by keeping the urinalisti
innundated with the materials they needed.  And at least we had Road & Track
to occasionally set the record straight. Thanks later
to our Craig Morningstar and the sheer power of Chrysler's public relations
machine in Bloomfield Hills for some of what we deserved for the 164 and
Milano. On a miniscule $15 million /year advertising budget.

I will salute the memory of Italian engineers and stylists for the rest of my
days.

Thanks again for your letter, il fossile...  I'd like to see it fashioned into
a Automotive News
Letter to the Editor contribution someday.

Bob Little