Re: Spica Pump and more

Marc writes:

The Spica Pump:  after reviewing all the receipts for the car I see that
the

TA was replaced 2 years ago.  However, the car seems to take forever to
get

warmed up and running.  I have to keep the Hand Throttle pulled out for at
least 10 minutes or it stalls and sputters.  What is the normal time frame
for warm up?  Is it time for a new pump? After 15 minutes it runs fine,
but

getting it moving in the interim is a chore
Hi Marc..

As people are saying, normal is you start it and never have
to use the hand throttle.

Before making conclusions, I'd try setting up the Spica. It
could just be out of adjustment, from being fooled around
with by an unknowlegable PO or mechanic..

Get Wes Ingram's book, or search around elsewhere for a good
guide to adjusting the Spica.. it's one of those kinds of thing
that if one setting is out of whack, everything is affected.

Wes's book has a troubleshooting procedure that could help.
You will eaisily find out if your TA is OK or not, and get the
pump back in calibration.  Or, find out if it really does need
a rebuild, or just a new TA..

Good luck!

Jon and Marcia
77 Spider