re:Anyone want to help a wannabe?

Jim Cheney wrote in AD V9 #17:
>a) would Alfisti like yourselves shy away from a car in completely solid, rust
>free, detailed condition because it had some un-original features, like a
>roll-cage, fuel cell, non-stock door panels, etc.?  I'm not necessarily put
>off, but I'm also not sure whats made of unobtainium on these cars, and I'd
>hate to be missing some pieces that were next to impossible to replace.

The answer depends on what you want to do with the car.  1971 is a great
year, but if this one is a serious vintage race car you wouldn't want
to--and probably couldn't legally--drive it on the street.  Conversely, if
it's street legal, it wouldn't be competitive for racing.  On the other
hand, it might be OK for club track days and time trials.

Dana Loomis
'71 GT Veloce => dedicated vintage race car