Re: Laguna Seca AROSC event

Hi Andrew,

A few of us were there. Larry Dickman Jr., Jess Liao, Nizam, Peter
Kemos, a few others, and myself were there for the TT and race. It was
a great Saturday!

I was in group 4 and was running against the red, stripped out and
fully caged GTV6. Managed to stick to his bumper for 2 laps, passed him
eventually but my Falken Azenis RS was only good for 4-5 hard laps,
after which (when they are hot) tend to be very  slippery (anyone else
notice this?). I let him off after 2-3 laps because his car was
gripping better in the turns.

Did an unofficial 1:57 on Saturday's practice session. My mechanic,
Phil Mason, gave me some tips on how to drive the track, I downloaded
some videos of the web to study the lines, as well as some practice
session on Gran Turismo 3 :-) .

As an aside, I have a modified BMW 328ci in Gran Turismo 3 and was just
hammering it in turn 9. I thought I could do the same in real life
hehe... so coming into 9 I set the car up, once I was in, I floored it
and somehow real life is not quite the same as the video game... I went
off the track due to massive understeer. Oh well... no harm done (I
think).

Sunday's timed event was not good due to rain. Many were just putting
around. I was very ginger around the turns but was foot to the floor on
the straights. Good time to practice rain driving. Did a 2:22, oh well.
But was quite fun and learned quite a lot.

Hopefully this will be my last event on street tires. The Azenis RS is
good, but the heat just kills it. Maybe more of an Autocross tire than
a road race tire. 80% of everyone else in my run group were on
competition tires, with the exception of a very fast WRX, and a
Corvette Z06.

Oh yeah, and a Milano won the Alfa cup race. :-)

Zamani
http://launch.yahoo.com/u2