Laguna Seca AROSC event

How many Digest folks were at Laguna Seca this weekend for the race, time
trial, intro school?  I counted about 6 or 8 ARA folks from the Bay Area.
The reg. list showed 162 cars entered, and while not every one of those
showed up, probably in part due to weather worries (it turned out to be
beautiful Saturday), there were a lot of cars then, pretty much filling up
each group.  Maybe 1/2 were Alfas (a LOT of GTVs), about par for the course
I think for AROSC events.  I did the Intro group in my stock GTV Saturday
and got left way behind on every straightaway by the WRX in front of me, not
to mention the NSX in our group champing at the bit constantly.  The Intro
groups could have used a bit more sorting by driver and car capability, but
things were running late due an earlier accident and something had to give.

This was my first time on the track at Laguna, and getting through the
right-hander at the bottom of the Corkscrew is different from most other
corners, because you can't see most of it due to the shape of the hill.
This is a fast track compared to ARA's "home" track, Sears Point.  All in
all a good time.  Thanks to AROSC folks who put in a lot of time for this
well-run event, and to ARA's own Terry Manchester for leading an Intro pack.

Andrew Watry