Which shop manual to get?

Hello All..

Well, as I get a little more steam up on my rebuild project (77 Spider) I'm looking for
a good set of manuals, and wanted to gather some opinions from the group.

I do know, that the Spider has been pretty much the same car without many fundemental
changes, pretty much for 30 years. So, one dosen't neccicarily need a book for your model
year..

I already have:
"The Alfa Owners Bible" Pat Braden
an Autobook shop manual for 60's thru early 70's cars, Kenneth Ball

I'm contemplating the factory manual that shows up in IAP's catalog, which is for 82 thru 89
Spiders, but is said to have lots of overlap on earlier cars. There is some guy on ebay
selling what seems to be the same for less, (looks similar, has a part number on the cover,
4607, IAP's picture dosen't) but he says 350 pages, while the IAP one is "over 500 pages". Anyone have ideas on what these are? And how suitable for my 77 Spider?

Then there are the CarDisks.. which are also huge, whole car piles of information.
There one can get two Spider disks, covering 72-81, and 82-94. (and earlier ones)

Also, I see in IAP's catalog, a 2L engine overhaul manual, from Alfa, will probably
get this since that's my primary task at the moment.. as well as it's cheap..

So, anyone have opinions, experience, etc.. on any or all of these? What's the best bang
for buck?

Thanks..

Jon (now if I only could get Sperry Valve Works to pick up their phone!)