Re: electric radiator fan conversion / part wanted for 74 GTV

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Walker" <dawnanddan@domain.elided>
To: <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 10:26 AM
Subject: electric radiator fan conversion / part wanted for 74 GTV

> Greetings Alfisti !
>
> I want to put an electric radiator fan in my 74 GTV.
>
> I know that I don't want type that mounts with the plastic ties through
the
> core and I'd like to have a temp sensor with a proper weld-in bung in the
> bottom tank.
>
> Is there a kit out there that satisfies these requirements or do I have to
> put it together myself.
>
> Also, I need one of the rubber hoses that connects the cowl to the eyeball
> vent on the dash.  I don't care if it's a bit torn, just that it has both
> ends intact ( duct tape can handle the rest ! ).   Any suggestions for an
> alternate replacement would also be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan
> 10503
> 11501
> --
Dan,

I have done the conversion on an 86 spyder using the Hayden kit (described
in AlfaCentro article) and the results are very satisfactory.  If you don't
want the through-radiator attachments, consider using the unit from the
later Alfetta cars.  May be available from APE or someone parting out an
Alfetta.  These units are pretty deep (front to back) and could pose a space
problem in the GTV.

Don