exhaust manifold retrofit- 88 Spider

I am getting ready to put my refurbished head back on my '88 Spider and
have some questions regarding upgrading the breathability.  I have an old
70's exhaust manifold (2 pieces) and a '91 catalytic converter.  It looks
like the two should be a good mate.  Questions- Will I need a different
O2 sensor, or will the stock one be just fine?  Also the exhaust manifold
is quite rusty and somewhat pitted.  I believe there was a discussion
regarding treatments such as sandblasting and powdercoating.  What was
the verdict?  Will the powdercoat eventually crack and blister?  Will it
compromise the heat transfer or cooling of the manifold?  Your thoughts
are appreciated. --- Paul Steffy--- pauls1969@domain.elided--- EarthLink:
The #1 provider of the Real Internet.