2.0 Engine rebuild questions.

Esteemed Digesti,

I would like to know what micrometers I will need to
purchase in order to make measurements during my
upcoming rebuild. I looked through the rebuild manula
on the cardisc and it seems that measurements from
really small to 4 inches are required. Some require
tenth-of-a-mil accuracy. I would like to avoid buying
unnecessary tools and would like to know from someone
with rebuilding experience which micrometers are
necessary and to what accuracy. I will need a bore
gage as well. While I'm at it, what other special
tools are absolutely necessary. The manual shows many
that i think can be worked around.

Thanks for your time,

Ken
Sarasota, FL