AROC Scuderia Alfa Romeo - Houston's Annual Picnic in the Park

PICNIC IN THE PARK
Date:  Saturday, November 9, 2002
Time:  11am-2 pm (often people there until 4 pm)
Lunch:  12pm-1pm
Location:  Memorial Park, South Picnic Loop

Shine up the Alfa and come on out to Scuderia Alfa Romeo Houston's Annual
Picnic in the Park.  This year we are going to celebrate Bertone's 105/115
series GTVs and our goal is to have a dozen examples on display.All Alfisti
are welcome, even if your Alfa can't make it to the park, come on out and
enjoy an afternoon of socializing and food.  This is a family event, so bring
the whole family.  Have a mechanical problem with your Alfa that has got you
stumped, looking for a part, wondering where you might get it serviced in
Houston?  I've never been to a Alfa Club Picnic where a substantial number of
the attendees were not huddled around someone's car trying to diagnose or fix
some sort of ailment - kind of like mini concurrent tech sessions from the
start to finish of the Picnic.  As with any good picnic, there will be food.
The Alfa Club will provide Boston Market chicken and ham and will provide
softdrinks and water.  We would like to ask that each family bring a side
dish to share.  The goal of the Picnic is participation, please don't let the
thought of having to stay up late the night before making a sidedish keep you
from coming - store bought sides and desserts are more than welcome.  Even if
you can't stay the whole time, or forgot to RSVP, please stop by and say
Hello! if you have time.  Would would like to request that those planning on
dining with us RSVP so we can order the correct amount chicken and ham.
Please RSVP to Ben Higgins (bhiggins2@domain.elided) [just reply to this message if
you are on the Houston Alfa Club email list] 409-744-5494 or Jim Tyson
(jftyson@domain.elided) 713-528-5473.  At 1:30 pm, we will open nominations for
Club officers for 2003.  If you are interested in participating as a Club
Officer in 2003, either make sure you are present at the picnic or let
contact Jim or myself prior to the picnic and we will be happy to nominate
you in your absence.  For those of you that have been to a Picnic in the past
- it will be in the same general location again this year.  For newcomers -
you will need to find Memorial Drive in Houston and turn into Memorial Park
on Picnic.  Just as you enter Picnic the road makes a Y - stay to the left
and you will see South Picnic Loop.  The road will again make another Y -
stay to the right this time (watch for oneway signs in Park).  We usually
setup on the right just past the restrooms.  Look for the Alfas!  If you need
further and/or more detailed instructions on how to find the Park, please
call Jim Tyson above - he knows his way around Houston better than I.  Hope
to see you all there! Ben.