Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 17:50:49 -0500
From: "Anne O" <marinefuel@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: high oil pressure

For your high oil pressure,I would agree with the suggestions of
pessure releif valve or defective guage or sender.

But as to blowing out the gasket,have you checked if the
crankcase is overpressurized? If the crancase ventilation system
is clogged,you will pressurize the crankcase. A broken
compression ring can do the same.I had a non-Alfa engine blow
out its dipstick from a broken compression ring.

Anne O