RE: 166 Engine Choice

> I have the 2Litre T-spark in my spider, and while it is not underpowered
> and can be tuned to give considerable more, the 166 is a much bigger
> lady who probably needs the V6. If you can resource it the V6 would
> be my option in the 166 (or GTV for that matter).

I've not driven the 166.

However, I have driven both the V6 and the 2.0 TS versions of the current GTV (both were second-hand, and there may have been other variables, like tyre choice).  In my view, the V6 GTV is quicker in a straight line, but has too much weight over the front wheels, and I could feel it.  The TS has a better balance, and much more 'sparkling' handling.

It is a personal preference -- I like a really 'pointy' front end, and am quite happy with a little oversteer, so long as it's fairly well balanced.

Without having driven It, I theoretically agree with Daryl -- the 166 needs the power of a V6.  With the long wheelbase, it would probably be better balanced with a six in the nose than the short wheelbase GTV.

regards,
Anthony.

.