First full day with Willy

Yesterday my wife and I arose with the anticipation of playing with our
new toy.  Getting it home Saturday was an all-day affair and we did not
have time to go through the boxes of parts to find out what was in them.

So after a quick breakfast we headed out to the garage to take stock of
her new car.

I've learned a whole lot about both the car, and the model thanks to
some friendly listers like Tom Hardy and Steve Schaeffer (thanks guys!).
I also spent a lot of time with my Alfa books.

As you know, the car is rough and requires a complete restoration.  We
unloaded the boxes and found a lot of trim pieces (headlights, chrome
bits, turn signals, etc).  Included in the boxes was an extra set of
European tail light assemblies, which I think is pretty cool.

Chela spent some time removing the two leather steering wheel covers
from the original wheel that was in the trunk and was delighted to find
that it was in pristine condition underneath.  She polished it up, and I
removed the small Personal wheel that was on the car and then installed
the original wheel.  I just have to figure out how the horn button
assembly goes together.

I screwed in four new sparkplugs and tinkered with the carbs a bit.  I
was able to get it running a little better just by leaning the mixture
out some.

I have also ascertained that this car is indeed a Veloce and am hoping
to hear back from Elvira on its build date which I expect to be sometime
in early 1967.

I am confused over the fuel pump situation.  Can anyone tell me where
the fuel pump is located on 1600 engines? I was told that it should have
a mechanical fuel pump.  This car has an electric one mounted in the
trunk, and I am certain it's not original.

The engine itself runs ok, but it does make a noise that makes me worry.
I fear a big-end in the # cylinder, we'll see what I learn when I take
the head off and the engine out and apart.

Thanks again to all who welcomed me, I am looking forward to many hours
and thousands of dollars spent returning this little gem to its original
state of tune and appearance.

Oh yes, my wife is somewhat of a Shakespeare fan and has decreed that
her little Alfa will henceforth be known as "Willy the Shakes" after the
Bard himself.

Regards,
TJ

TJ Noto		AFM #134  	Cowpoke Racing-"Friends in Slow Places"
http://www.cowpokeracing.com
95 Ducati 916 Strada
96 Ducati Monster 900 (Chela's)
61 Ducati Falcone 80
70 Norton Commando Fastback
73 BMW 3.0 CS ("deviated from museum reliquary standard"-Perez)
97 BMW Z3 (Chela's)
77 Mercedes 280C (Mimosa)
67 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT
00 Ford F150 Supercab