Window latches,battery repair

Finally caught up on over 2 months of digests-you are a prolific
bunch.

The Spider is now the daily driver and I am trying to convice my
husband to like it/drive it.We set off to a party in the pouring
rain with friends following us. As the highway split,a Durango
pulled alongside,hitting a mega puddle.
A wall of water 5 feet high came squarely at the side of the
Alfa,blew open the (latchless) vent window soaked the driver and
filled the footwells. The latches have been sitting in the glove
compartment for 2 years.
Now I know why I need them.
He is never going to like this car.

My friends following us had an observation I never heard about
my GTV's-they said that over 70 mph the car was completely
obscured by the water it was kicking up,only the top of the car
was visible. Is it a Spider phenomena or maybe just the rubber
tailed variety?

Does anyone know of a product that would repair a cracked
battery?What type of plastic are battery cases made of? The top
of the case has a 3 inch crack on one cell. Maybe polyurethane
glue?Hot melt glue?
It is not an Alfa battery,it is a 290 lb. marine battery I
really don't want to replace. Any suggestions appreciated.

Anne O