[no subject]

> I've had a slight shimmy in my 88 spider since I bought it.
> Actually it was quite bad until I replaced the tires and had the wheel
> bearings adjusted (and replaced the rears).  That made it mostly go
away,
> but it is still there.
Don,
Have you checked radial and lateral runout?  Your wheels could be fully
balanced and oval in shape - that is excessive radial runout.  If your
wheel has assumed the shape of a Pringles potato chip then you have
excessive lateral runout.  A dial indicator mounted on a fixed surface
can detect both.  Lateral runout in excess of 3mm (1/10 in) or radial
runout in excess of 5mm (1/5 in) will give you symptoms similar to what
you described.
Good Luck,

A Savage
77 Spider