I just bought ANOTHER Spider, saved from almost certain demise!

A CHEAP '84 Spider Veloce, nice body, faded paint, less than 70K miles.
Mysteriously left to disintegrate behind a trailer park in redneck land.  Has
not been run in at least TWO years, probably more like 3 or 4.  Guy insisted he
drove it that morning.  I thought that was a pretty good trick since it had no
battery and the fuel pump and filter were sitting in the spare tire well.
Towed it home and found porno magazines under the trunk carpet.  Hmmm...

A victim of 'Pep Boys' mechanics!  Why fix a obvious problem by replacing a
blown fuel pump fuse when you can just hack into the wiring harness?  Nice
job...

I removed and cleaned the gas tank(VERY nasty!) in addition to replacing the
trashed transfer pump and main fuel pump(completely ruined!).  Everything else
looks good!  I'll try and start it this week.  Hopefully clean fuel, new pumps,
lines, and filters will bring it back to life.  Fortunately there was clean
fuel in the injector rail so I hope the injectors are not clogged.

It's a shame when these cars fall into the wrong hands!  It's funny how they
always say "She ran great when I parked it a few years ago".  What the hell?
Either fix it, sell it, store it under cover, or give it away.

Of course, these are always the sellers that insist it's worth, like, a million
dollars AS IS since it's one of them there:

Eye-talian Alfapha Ralpha Veelosh-something-or-other...

Jeff