Re:Giulia Super in Italy

Pardon the nostalgia, but Luca wrote---
"If the seller (or you) know a mechanic and the car is running, you
can put the "PROVA" plate. That's a temporary plate you hang out
the trunk for test driving: the plate comes with own registration
and insurance, so the car would be covered up to the port."

Ohhhhhhh does that take me back, to innumerable photos in Road & Track over
innumerable years, of Alfas, Ferraris, Maseratis, Lambos, Bizzarinis, Abarths
and select other Italian prototypes... easing out of some obscure garage and
then squirting around the next corner, old men and children looking on.  You
just imagine the brief drive up into the hills outside the village, how the
road snakes and loops, narrow with unforgiving stone walls.  The racket of
multi high-strung cylinders, that can only be Italian.  The black "PROVA"
plate -- hung on the Kamm-back of a red GTO, or TZ1, very few automotive head
scenes like that one. Thanks Luca... I needed that!

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA