re: Giulia Super in Italy

AT Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:30:22 -0800 Michael Williams  wrote:
>So there is a Giulia Super for sale in italy cheap. It has no plates or
>registration. It must be moved on a truck to port. Anyone (Luca?????) no
>how much trouble and expense this would be to get it to a port? Or another
>Euopean country? Any chance of it getting relicensed in Italy without 6
>months work and 20 kilos of paper? Email me off digest...

IT's up to where the car is.
If it's relatively near a port, you can ask the seller to call
a rescue truck, load it, and take it there. Should be worth
100 Euros I believe.

If the seller (or you) know a mechanic and the car is running, you
can put the "PROVA" plate. That's a temporary plate you hang out
the trunk for test driving: the plate comes with own registration
and insurance, so the car would be covered up to the port.

ASk some shipping company, the one that will sail the car to you
via boat.  IF they work with cars, they should provide a full service
about it.

Relicensed in ITALY? Oh well, I am not really familiar. It's possible,
but I believe you must have somebody living here and being the owner.
Try asking somebody else, maybe try mailing RUOTECLASSICHE (mayor vintage
cars mag) at redazione@domain.elided.   I think they can help
you.
Ciao
Luca

nodoubt,
"With dreams to be a king first one should be a man" Joey DeMaio
937, 75 Turbo, RM250

http://nvr2fst.supereva.it