164 Tires in 205/60 15"

A flat tire has greatly accelerated my plans to get a new set of tires
for my 164Q (translation: I need a new set IMMEDIATELY). I wasn't ready
for this and therefore I have no idea what tires I want.

I had Dunlop D60-A2's on there before (well, there's three of them on
there now, plus a donut :-) ) and I'm not unhappy with them. I don't
think they lasted that long (30k miles) but then again, I want a
performance tire, and in general those won't last long on a 164
anyway...

Cost is a concern. I was thinking about getting a set of 16" wheels,
I've seen some very inexpensive wheels at Pep Boys (I'm sure they're
heavy... not sure if I want to go that route..) The value to the 16"
wheels is that it would give me more options in performance tires.

Opinions anyone?

Thanks

-Glenn