1750 Cam Timing - Follow Up

I checked the cam and ignition timing this weekend and TDC was correct (or
close enough), the intake timing was advanced a small amount, but the exhaust
timing was advanced as well. I reset the exhaust cam so that it was slightly
retarded as suggested by Braden for the 1750. The engine response above 4000
rpm improved but the cold start was pretty bad and the car will only just
barely idle when warm. Next I'll go through the Spica Tuneup and see if that
helps. I was wondering what the effects of advanced exhaust timing were and if
this were done purposely to make up for other problems (79 Spica Pump).

Mitch Wolberg
Denver, CO
69 Berlina
69 Spider Jr.