Re: Stuffing a V8 into a Spider?

Then on Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Greg also wrote:
> > He's built a show-stopping Factory 5 Racing cobra knock-off, a
> > 66 Mustang drag car, and has modified so many C4.......

So if this guy is such an expert, why does he need our help? Or is this
just a wind up?

O.k. assuming he knows a bit about cars then he ought to realise that
the 1960's spider (60's design that is) has too much chassis flex for V8
power and modern tyres, so he might be best to use his Cobra experience
and build a tube frame (or maybe a backbone chassis design?) for the V8,
to hang the spider body panels off.

Starting with a tube frame and maybe dry sump V8 he should be able to
mount the engine low enough to avoid the lump in the bonnet/hood. Then
he can use the spider body to make moulds for lightweight composite body
panels, returning the steel spider panels back to the original car.

That way everyone should be happy. He gets his V8 "spider" and the
original spider can be sold to someone who will use it for it's intended
purpose.... but not me, I prefer a coupe or saloon/sedan.

Oh well, I guess we should be gratefull he doesn't want to fit 4WD, big
chunky tyres, jack it up several feet and turn it into SUV.

Regards
Lex Jenner
Auckland/New Zealand