Re: Stuffing a V8 into a Spider?

That are exactly my thoughts. I like the idea of the tube frame.If money
isn't the point and he wants to create something special, here is a nice
link to a german race and Alfa preparation shop.

BTW they optimize Alfa 4 cylinders too. I drove a nice, fast 2lt. 170hp
GT. Fast, loud and even on the autobahn enough power.

http://www.albertkuhn.de/italauto/entwicklung.htm

Peter

Germany

72' GTV (stock)

> >On Sunday, October 20, 2002, Greg McNair wrote: > > > I have a friend
who just purchased a 1985 Spider, and he's looking > > > to stuff a V8
into it. > > > Has anyone seen such a monster conversion, know of any
websites > > > that may have any info, or can help point him in the
proper direction? > >Then on Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Greg also wrote: > > >
He's built a show-stopping Factory 5 Racing cobra knock-off, a > > > 66
Mustang drag car, and has modified so many C4....... > >So if this guy is
such an expert, why does he need our help? Or is this >just a wind up? >
>O.k. assuming he knows a bit about cars then he ought to realise that
>the 1960's spider (60's design that is) has too much chassis flex for V8
>power and modern tyres, so he might be best to use his Cobra experience
>and build a tube frame (or maybe a backbone chassis design?) for the V8,
>to hang the spider body panels off. > >Starting with a tube frame and
maybe dry sump V8 he should be able to >mount the engine low enough to
avoid the lump in the bonnet/hood. Then >he can use the spider body to
make moulds for lightweight composite body >panels, returning the steel
spider panels back to the original car. > >That way everyone should be
happy. He gets his V8 "spider" and the >original spider can be sold to
someone who will use it for it's intended >purpose.... but not me, I
prefer a coupe or saloon/sedan. > >Oh well, I guess we should be
gratefull he doesn't want to fit 4WD, big >chunky tyres, jack it up
several feet and turn it into SUV. > >Regards >Lex Jenner >Auckland/New
Zealand >-- >to be removed from alfa, see
/bin/digest-subs.cgi >or email "unsubscribe alfa" to
majordomo@domain.elided