V8 conversion chat

Thanks to all for the many replies, both on and off the digest.  Allow me to
point out that my friend (Brock), while slightly nucking futs about this,
isn't unprepared for the road ahead.  He's built a show-stopping Factory 5
Racing cobra knock-off, a 66 Mustang drag car, and has modified so many C4 and
C5 Corvettes he could have started a racing organization.  When I told him he
was off his rocker with this project, I could see, inside his pupils, tiny men
stoking the coal fires in his brain.  The more Brock hears "bad idea", "get a
life", "take 2 asprin", "go for it", "please send pics" and many other

I asked him to keep it at least a little pure by doing whatever he could to
keep any unsightly bulges from finding their way onto the hood, as this is an
italian car, not an american car.  He laughed and said he'd try his best as he
too doesn't care for poking holes in hoods.  He cannot stand the thought of a
Porsche 944 that lives just around the corner from his home with an LT1
shoe-horned between the strut towers.  All I can do is pass along your emails
to him, in hopes that one day soon this will be a reality.  I want to see it
as much as many of you do, and I am the constant nay-sayer in his ear.  I keep
telling him what can be done with the 4 in the hands of Sperry, but that isn't
his point, and money isn't the object.  He wants to do what "cannot be done."
We shall see!

Greg
(happy with 4 cyls banging in my Spider)

---