Re: V8 conversion chat

Late to the party as usual, but -- IM(not)HO, your friend should do what he
wants, whether it's divining a way to cram a V8 in his Spider or a warp drive
in his Model T.  Originality is only valuable to people who care about it --
it doesn't mean spit to many others (can you say "hot rod"?).  If keeping your
car completely factory original makes you happy, then it makes me happy too.
Just return the favor and understand that what I do to my cars is not likely
to be influenced by the opinion of others, unless of course they're offering
to pay.  Probably isn't much of a stretch to guess that I'll never be entering
a concours... ;-)

Tony
Portland, OR
70 2800 CS
72 Badvaria (actually still about 99% stock, by pure dumb luck I'm sure)