Often we tend to ASSUME that new parts aren't available anymore on these old cars. For instance, my GTV-6 has a factory sunroof. There is plastic escutcheon plate under the lock handle which covers the hole in the headliner. Since this plastic piece sits up next to the roof panel it bakes in the heat of the sun as the roof panel gets hot. Eventually, this piece becomes brittle and breaks. I checked with every Alfa wrecking yard I could find in both the USA and England looking for a good one. Nobody had one that wasn't cracked or broken. So, out of desperation, I called AR RIcambi -knowing that they certainly wouldn't have a piece like that, especially since all of them had deteriorated in all the cars fitted with a sunroof. "Sure," the guy at AR Ricambi said. "I've got plenty of them, How many do you need -$15 each." Since then I've stopped assuming that new parts for my GTV-6 don't exist and I call the factory parts suppliers FIRST, then I go to the dismantlers........

George Graves
'86 GTV-6

On Monday, October 21, 2002, at 05:07 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:17:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: James Montebello <jamesm@domain.elided>
Subject: Instrument bulbs

Has anyone found a good generic replacement for the tiny instrument bulbs
found in the Alfetta/GTV6? The Sylvania 74 is very close, but the bulb
section is just a tad too big (like 0.5mm too big). The fuel pressure
indicator in my Alfetta wasn't working because of the bulb. I moved the
fan bulb over (why do I need a light to tell me the defroster fan is on?),
but I can't do this again w/o losing a light I want to keep. :-)

james montebello