DIY Alignments

	How involved do you want to get?  I do toe, camber, and caster with
Nascar Toe Plates, a pair of tape measures, and a caster/camber gauge. Other
racer friends have both optical and laser sighted setups. Figure about $150
for a setup like I have or over a thousand for optical or laser. It all
depends on how precise and ease of use. Cars that have adjustments for the
rear wheels will take much more time. A few years back there was a alignment
for racers in SportsCar with simple tools, string, and jack stands for a
four wheel alignment. It can be done fairly easy. Most alignment shops use
computerized equipment that any one can align any type of car. I do take the
race cars in once a year to get their annual pro alignment. The rest of the
season we play with the setup. My alignment shop will align the cars to any
spec I want regardless of what the computer says the factory setup should
be. Good Luck.

	ANDREWG
	Houston, TX
	82 GTV6 ITS #68