Re: vintage racing driver's suit **NAC**

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 23:20:11 -0400 "Dean W. Cains" <dwc@domain.elided> wrote:

> Hello Group:
>
> As noted above, this is an off-topic message.  Anyone know where one
> might
> have an early 70's vintage driver's suit made?  I've got a friend
> looking
> for something authentic-looking; e.g. single-layer white Nomex,
> non-quilted, simple red stripes down the arms/legs, no big brand-name
> labels from the manufacturer.

if this suit is for anything other than show, then be a little careful:

1 piece is far, far, far better than 2 piece (2 piece suits are still legal
for most sanctioning bodies, i have no idea why)

if it's being used in an actual track event, then wear nomex or other
proper underwear underneath it.

and don't forget the socks. i run sock checks on one race group or another
at pretty much every scca race i run tech at. i _always_ catch some driver
who won't wear his nomex socks. it's been a while since i heard any new
excuses, though.

richard