fuel delivery probes

More fun with my recently acquired 89 spyder project-  runs indefinitely
when idling, however, under any demand situation (highway speeds)  appears
to starve for fuel and tries to die.  Have already done some of the obvious,
had local radiator shop clean tank (still some rust- but none that I was
loose), blew out all the lines, replaced filter and main inline fuel pump.
Runs great for the first few miles then slowly starves out- then the new
pump starts "singing" a high pitched whine- so I'm thinking either it is not
getting fuel from the tank pump, or that line is "restricted" somewhere.
Filter appears to be free, no rust look to gas, etc... There is no sock on
the in tank fuel pump pick up- should it have one?  Has anyone had luck with
a tank sealer?  If so where did you get it?  None of the auto parts places
around here handle anything like it...

I had a similar problem on a 69 Spica Spyder- fuel pumps fixed that one.  I
do have a fuel pressure gauge- but do not know what pressure it should
run...

thanks for any help!
bill