Re: CSC Headers Pass SMOG!

Correct me if I'm wrong (being somewhat new to california...), but I thought that
the main requirement for aftermarket parts is not that they pass smog, but that they
have been approved by the california regulatory system.  From what I've heard, some
smog test places will turn you away without even starting the car if they see aftermarket
headers on your car, and then label your car a 'gross polluter'--which makes life even more
difficult.  As long as you still have a functioning cat, any header *should* pass emissions,
especially if it is tuned well and in proper running order.  For that matter, going to higher
compression pistons should also not change emissions dramatically (as far as I know....),
yet it is technically illegal to change your pistons here as well....(not that anyone would
know...).  I'm thinking of the small changes on the pistons---obviously if you are running 13:1
this theory wouldn't be correct (or would it...?).