Alfetta transaxle

In #1225 Wayne Abbott is having problems aligning his rear donut to the
three eared clutch input flange. The top ear / donut space is fine, but
the bottom two are about 3/8" too far away.

********

Wayne, only a shot in the dark, but there is a fore aft adjustment on
the upper rear transaxle mount. It's not much, about 1/4" to 3/8".
Should it be all the way back, you might try loosening it along with
removing the long bolts supporting the center support. Not easy to pry,
but if you can pick up even 1/4", just might bring the flange and donut
to 'closer' alignment.

(I must find / buy an Alfetta parts book) My only other thought is in
trying to remember if there are spacers on the center drive shaft
support. If correct, lowering it a bit would not take up the 3/8", but
might even out the difference in distances of the upper to lower donut /
flange distances.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA