Re: 164 mechanical tensioner procedures

I am puzzled to all this tensioner problems people seem to be having with
the v6.
I am still on the hydraulic tensioner on my Alfa 90, and I have to say, I
have turned that
engine forwards, backwards (and sideways:), with none of the problems people
have been expressing.

I have to say also, all my cars are from an Italian lineage, from my fiat
124 to my 2 Ferrari, and
non of them have had any problems with jumping teeth. no matter which way
you turn the engine
The 124 and 308/512Tr are all purely mechanical tensioner for the record. I
don't understand why the mechanical
V6 tensioners Alfas have so many problems.

Is it something I am missing?

PS: The Alfa 90 is for sale if any one is interested.
This is in Sydney Australia..

Regards, Anthony