Re: Audi

Sorry, but I can't resist this Audi thread as a means to vent my disgust.
My wife's Audi A6 Quattro wagon is still under warrenty, so I've paid
little attention to it.  Yesterday, she returned from an errand with a flat
tire ("Yea, I thought it looked a little low").  The lug nuts appeared to
be some sort of dark chrome or titanium--very spiffy, I'd thought.  I chose
a six-point socket so as to not scratch them.  Turned out to be PLASTIC
fake covers.  The real lug nuts were crude lug BOLTS apparently left over
from VW Beetle production!  Reminds me of the plastic fake alloy wheel/fake
drilled rotor combo found on econoboxes.

Bob Wilkinson
72 Spider with visible real lug nuts