Door and Window Questions

Well I finally diagnosed the electrical gremlins in my 1981 GTV-6 (seems
like it has two combi-relays, one extra put inside probably by a former
mechanic of mine - both are dead).

So now I have two problems with the driver's door: First, the window
glass has jumped off the bracket that connects it to the window
regulator cable (the rubber piece in the bracket is dried up and split
in half). So question one is how do I get a new rubber piece and get the
window squished through it and into the bracket? Until I work this out,
I can keep the window all the way up.

Second, the door latch is jammed somehow and won't latch onto the post
on the car. This only happened when I pulled off the door panel. The jam
prevents the inside door latch from working as well. I also tried the
key, and it won't "unlock" the door either. Any ideas appreciated.

Rex in Albany