re-gas

Just a quick note- so far, all the replies are good...  But I would like to point out that leaded gas is not a better lubricant than unleaded, at least while its a fuel.  Since lead does not burn well, it deposits all over the place, including the valve seats, temporarily at least.  That is what lubricates the seats.

For the SPICA, I think the marvel mystery oil trick is much better, and you don't need to do it all the time, or just a capful at a time.  One of the interesting features of this system is that it uses gasoline as a lubricant, which, of course it isn't a good one.  But that is the reason that you don't a)ever run out of gas with a spica car, or b) run with low gas pressure (you wonder why there is a fuel pressure light??).

Eric Storhok
Powertrain System Development
Powertrain Research and Development
(313)33x75011