Re: PSI on compression test

Unfortunately, a compression test checks the health of the battery
and starter as much as the actual compression of the engine itself.
You should primarily pay attention to relative values between cylinders.
More that about 10% difference between cylinders spells trouble.
You'll usually find one cylinder is low relative to the others if there's
a problem this kind of test is going to catch.

A compression test is a good way to figure out what a problem is,
rather than if there's a problem at all.  By the time an engine fails
a compression check, the fact that there's a problem is pretty obvious.

james montebello