Re: injectors and injector hose clamps

There is indeed a very significant difference between SPICA injectors
and EFI injectors.  EFI injectors are solenoid valves that simply open
to allow the pressure difference between the fuel rail and the intake
manifold to "inject" the fuel.  The variance between injectors is a result
of the valves not opening as far, or as quickly, as their neighbors.

SPICA injectors are purely mechanical pop-off valves that open when the
pressure on the pump side exceeds some high pressure (almost certainly
2-5x what the EFI injectors see).  The actual fuel volume and pressure
is determined by the injector pump itself.

I doubt the typical EFI injector rebuild shop will know what to do with
SPICA injectors.  You could try Wes Ingram or Pacific Fuel Injection,
however, both of which deal regularly with mechanical fuel injection
systems.

james montebello