Re: My nice new 164 is a POS

Hey Mike,

I'm sorry to hear about your impending repairs, but
there's no way you can call a nine year old, 135k mile
car a lemon.  If it had these problems new, maybe, but
you're unfortunately been on the losing side of the
gamble we all take with used cars.

That's not to say that you've lost completely.  My LS
had an oil leak in a similar spot, and it turned out
to be the oil cooler, a one hour fix during an oil
change.

My A-arms wore out, a $700 repair, but not expected at
100k + miles.

My climate control display never worked, a crappy
design that never should have been installed.  At
least the HVAC system always worked fine, although I
never knew where it was set.

I owned my LS for a year, put 15k miles on it, and
enjoyed almost every mile.  It did have a few problems
which were expected at 100k miles, but just remember
that it was a $40k new, and repairs will be expensive.
 Once you work through these I'm sure you'll get many
miles of comfortable, high speed motoring out of it.
It's a great car, enjoy it.

Cheers,
Ian Lomax
71 Spider