Re:Help! My 164 makes knocking noises up front

"Help... my '91 164S makes a knocking noise in the front end on both
left and

right sides when I manoeveur ourt of parking lot spaces. Only happens if

steer hard right or left. We changed worn bushings and made sure all
other

suspension parts are in order but can't get rid of the knocks."

Marko, have you replaced the lower strut bearings?  These are notorious
for failure.  The are worst designed part on a 164 IMO.  Well, next to
the steppers.  The parts are cheap & pretty easy to replace if you've
done a bit of wrenching yourself.  My steering was clunking & would
stick to the direction I'd last turned until I replaced the lower strut
bearings.  It's glass smooth now & no noises.

Cheers,

Zach

Redmond, WA

'91 164S F/S

'76 Alfetta GT - please take it, free!

'75 Alfetta GT - snowmobile.

'99 Ducati 900SS - daily slide, errr, ride.