Re: My nice new 164 is a POS

The core and the multiple AC leaks sound to me like the PO was covering up
something given that you had multiple failures that quickly.

Previous owner's thoughts: Give it a quick coolant charge, a little
stop-leak and sell it quick! The flaky LCD screen is perfectly normal and is
often temperature-dependent. Mine is worse when it's cold.

The oil leak sounds more serious.

I would tend not to blame it on the manufacturer, but on the previous owner.
How about having a talk with the previous owner's mechanic and see what he
knows? (It's too late to tell you you shoulda had that talk before opening
your checkbook. You've been flamed enuf already)

Karl
'95 164LS, original owner, 65K hard suburban miles