Re: My nice new 164 is a POS

mcmahonmik wrote:

  Somewhat more accurately, albiet defensively, I bought a 2 owner car with
over 100k miles, with verified meticulous dealer-only service.  <sarcasm on>
Welcome to the 90s.  Nice cars (like a boring Honda Civic or a B*W) are
lasting well over 100k, when well maintained, much like a "real" Alfa should.

and usually will if it really is well-maintained but there seems to be
some variation in ideas about the "well" part

I think you are feeling stung at the moment and you need to try to take
a cooler look at the situation.

Let me try to explain it this way: every time I hear someone complain
about how much they just had to spend on the car for a major service and
tires and brakes etc, I ask how many miles has the car done and if
someone else did those miles. What you pay later is to put the car back
to somewhere near where it once was before you put on all those miles.
When you a buy a car with 135,000 miles, there will be quite a lot to
pay to put it back. The LS is a great car and you'd have to pay a lot
more for anything as good so take Brian's advice: fix it and enjoy it.

Nicky