re: alternator woes

Before you tear into your alternator, go have your battery checked. Recently, my battery had become so discharged that my home charger could not recharge it. As a result, it seemed that my car alternator wasn't working, at idle and revving the car, i could only read 12.6 volts at the battery (instead of 13.6V). The battery shop kept the battery overnight and charged it. I have not had any problems since.
joel lewis
houston