10:1 pistons

(anyone have a photo of the spider motronic piston?)

"While we're on the subject..  I had a few questions about 'em.

"Are they a "drop in" on earlier year cars?  (I.E my 77?)

"Anyone in So CA (and our MBTE laden 91 octane premium),  install these?

Preferably on an older Spica injection car?

"How's the situation with knocking?  How was passing the smog?

"I'm tempted,  and know it will perk things up a nice bit,  but am in
part rebuilding my engine so I CAN pass smog..  so wouldn't want to
screw up my chances..:

********

In #1178 Jon Pike expands on Norm Riffle's request for a photo of the
10:1 pistons with the above questions.

I've enclosed a jpeg of the pistons still in their liners which shows
their 'bumps'. I assume that is what you want to look at.

Should anyone else want to see them, email.

If a head has not been milled too often / too much, I don't see any
problems. And yes, they're a 'bolt on' to any two liter (except perhaps
TS's).

I've mentioned this often but having fully rebuilt a client's engine,
including balancing, 'squaring up' the clutch plate, installing a
rebuilt Spica, the 10:1 pistons / liners, Centerline's 11:3 mm lift
camshafts, and a new exhaust system it ended up as a very nice idling
and quite sparkling / perky engine.

When the client had it smogged, (it was registered as a '74) the
(apparently) knowledgeable smog station had to slightly adjust the
mixture. It was timed normally. Other than that, it passed with flying
colors.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of ACSPistonLiner.jpg]