swapping Dunlops to ATEs

Christopher asked about swapping out front Dunlops disks for ATEs on a
Duetto.  You can do the mod by swapping the entire front suspension, or in a
more limited way, everything from the upright (spindle) outboard. That is,
the upright/spindle, caliper, disk, hub, splash shield, brake line, etc.
The disk size is different, as is the caliper bolt mount spacing, so an ATE
caliper and disk cannot be bolted onto the Dunlop upright.

When I did this job on my 1965 Giulia TI 17 years ago, I swapped entire
front suspensions, but if I were doing it again (assuming the suspension is
OK), I'd limit the job to removing the spring (follow recommended methods),
getting the upright, brake, and hub assembly free from the upper and lower
ball joints and caster joint, and just replacing with the appropriate ATE
parts.  I don't think there's any reason you couldn't go with 1750/2000
brakes while you were at it, rather than the smaller 1600 brakes, if you're
doing it as a unit.

Andrew Watry