Re: Alfetta Brake Problem Update

Thanks to all that replied to me after my first posting. I was just able to check the brakes and I have more info for you and more questions as well.

The brakes, when applied, pulsate very little until the car has come to a complete stop. I still must put more force than usual on the pedal to stop. It is when I am at a standstill that I really notice the pulsating pedal and the quiet, high-pitched hum. So this makes me believe that it is not warped rotors. I heard mention of a valve that balances brake pressure between the front/rear brakes and was asked if I had more front end braking than usual. I can say that I do not believe there to be any more front end braking now that I have this problem.

My novice hand is thinking that this could be a problem with the power assist unit... I guess what I am looking for is some guidance. If that is indeed the problem, do I need to replace it? Is there a way that I can test it myself? If some of you think it may still be the valve, could you please tell me how to find it and what to look for?

Thanks for all of your help! I don't know what I would do without the digest as a resource.

Steven
'78 Alfetta GT